I got given this old book by my friend Mary and decided to seal the pages and turn it into a Journal. As I started gessing and sealing the pages, they started detaching from the sides and disintergrating slightly. I realised that the paper was quite fragile(very newsprinty).
I decided to split the spine and apply some serious glue down the spine and take my time with gessoing. I usually do multiple pages, but will need to be slower with this. In the end I used gesso mixed with a bit of modge podge (because that was what was open)..I decide it needed a bit more glue. I used the art spectrum Gesso as it was smoother and less grainy(it is lovely to work with) than the Fas (much cheaper and what I would normally use).
Wee bit more needed today but otherwise working..yaah.